I don’t know about you, but my mind sometimes seems to have its own random agenda, scrolling back through time about absolutely nothing important and regurgitating old stuff that happened that I thought was long gone. Or sometimes just playing the same scene over and over. Some of it is not always that positive.
Here are a couple of tricks to quiet the mind and get you into a more peaceful place. These are transformational techniques which will be in my new book “How to Get Out of Your Own Way”.
This technique is helpful when you are feeling a bit off and want to get some clarity and want the mind to refocus. You do both for about 5 minutes each. Find a quiet place to do this where you won’t be interrupted.
1) Balancing Buttons (Kidney Buttons)
I have found this position extremely effective in managing emotional issues. It helps to bring balance back to the system. It also helps to energize the brain, as the carotid artery is behind these points and this stimulates oxygen into the brain.
- Place one hand flat over the navel area.
- With the other hand rub the kidney acupressure points (K 27’s) by placing your thumb on one side and index finger on the other.
- These points are found on either side of the sternum, just below the clavicle. They may feel tender, but this will dissipate as you rub.
- Then change hand positions and do it again.
This is such a valuable tool to de-stress the body and give you some time out. It can be done anywhere, and it will help you attain balance and center. It is a great way to start the day.
- Go somewhere quiet to sit (or you can sit at your desk at work).
- Cross your ankles and place your right arm over the left arm with palms facing down.
- Clasp your hands and then draw them underneath to your chest. (Like giving yourself a warm hug.)
- Sit for five minutes and just take deep breaths with your tongue to the roof of your mouth (this connects your central meridian).
- You can also use this time to say positive things to yourself such as, “I am relaxed and calm” or whatever works for you to make you feel better.
End with hands together in a tent position and feet flat on the floor for same length of time and the crossed position
Thanks for taking the time to read my newsletter. If you feel so moved –I would love it if you passed it on. For every 3 people that sign up from your email list I will give you a free ION cleanse. Just ask your friends to let you know they signed up and let me know when you reach 3 and we can book your FREE session.